Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcin Cenkier <ma...@cognifide.com> on 2006/02/16 16:10:37 UTC

jackrabbit/crx api for version of the engine

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's any API in jackrabbit/crx, to get the
version of the engine?

Cheers,

Best Regards,                              Senior developer at Cognifide
Marcin Cenkier                                         www.cognifide.com

Re: jackrabbit/crx api for version of the engine

Posted by Marcin Cenkier <ma...@cognifide.com>.
Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> as i told tomek before:
>
> the version of the repository can be retrieved like this:
>
> repository.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_VERSION_DESC)

Is there anything more precise? To be honest '1.0-dev' doesn't say much.
Each crx/jackrabbit build may differ in the inside structure of data.
I'm looking for something, that would allow to distinguish one build
from another. Can't you have something (like CVS magic keys in source
code), that would allow to distinguish one release from another?

Posted by Marcin Cenkier <ma...@cognifide.com>.
Tobias Bocanegra wrote:
> as i told tomek before:
>
> the version of the repository can be retrieved like this:
>
> repository.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_VERSION_DESC)

Is CRX expected to return such info? (Looks little bit strange, again,
crx builds HAVE at least date, when they're released, so at least this
date could appear in eg. REP_VERSION_DESC property value):

REP_NAME_DESC[Jackrabbit],
REP_VENDOR_DESC[Apache Software Foundation],
REP_VENDOR_URL_DESC[http://www.apache.org/],
REP_VERSION_DESC[1.0-dev]

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
as i told tomek before:

the version of the repository can be retrieved like this:

repository.getDescriptor(Repository.REP_VERSION_DESC)

regards, tobi

On 2/16/06, Marcin Cenkier <ma...@cognifide.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there's any API in jackrabbit/crx, to get the
> version of the engine?
>
> Cheers,

> Best Regards,                              Senior developer at Cognifide
> Marcin Cenkier                                         www.cognifide.com

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97