Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/10/01 02:51:19 UTC

cascading dependencies

Hi,

I think this should work but I'd like for someone to confirm this before
I try it.

A plugin on remote repo A.  This plugin declares a dependency to a jar
file on remote repo B, including the remote repo declaration in the
plugin's project.properties.

A user declares a dependency to the plugin including the plugin's remote
repository within their project's project.properties.

When a goal is executed, maven will locate the plugin from Repo A and
download it.  Prior to executing a goal in the plugin the jar file will
be downloaded from Repo B.  (assuming neither existed in the repo in the
first place).  The user need not declare repo b in their project's
project.properties.

Sound about right?

cheers
Nathan