Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Heshan Jayasinghe <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/05 02:29:47 UTC

[jclouds][GSOC 2016] Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Hi,
I go though on documentations [1].Could you please tell me this project
deliverables with details.

[1]-https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/

Thanks,
Heshan Jayasinghe

Re: [jclouds][GSOC 2016] Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Heshan!  A successful GSoC proposal should include the following:

1) Implementation of the Backblaze authentication mechanism.

2) Implementation of the B2 API.  This allows applications to use all of
the features of the B2 service, including creating and removing buckets,
files, and large files.  See AzureBlobClient for an example.

3) Unit and live tests for the B2 API.  See AzureBlobClientTest and
AzureBlobClientLiveTest for examples of the former and latter.

4) Implementation of the jclouds portable abstraction.  This allows
applications written against one provider, e.g., Azure, to work against
another.  See AzureBlobStore for an example.

5) Integration with the portable abstraction tests.  B2 does not support
some features like signed URLs which need to be stubbed out in tests.
See AzureBlobIntegrationLiveTest an example.

6) Provider guide with example usage.  See
https://jclouds.apache.org/guides/azure-storage/ for an example.

You can find the successful 2014 proposal for Google Cloud Storage here:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jclouds-dev/201403.mbox/%3CCAA7BovTKMR2ta3j_iSQNdd0NMkY8T+zRQyvYqzyB9Fn2ym4CXQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

Generally jclouds emphasises portability and open development.  Thus
everything should be implemented in a manner similar to other providers,
e.g., RPC mechanism, logging, tests, and you should study the existing
code to guide you.  Open development includes participating on mailing
lists, IRC, GitHub, and most importantly incrementally implementing
functionality instead of giant commits.  I recommend fixing a small
issue on JIRA to understand our workflow.

I look forward to reviewing your proposal!

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/