Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/24 15:59:50 UTC

Sending stats back to Jetty after split

Hi,

I have a Jetty end-point which I consume (hope I'm getting the right
terminology, still I'm still learning this) - meaning it's acting as a
server accepting a POST request containing lines separated by a new-line.

I then have a streaming splitter based on new line, and then a parse-json
processor which parses the line as JSON. After that I'm sending it to a
direct end-point (which is another route).

I would like to send back stats as a response, including the number of
lines which failed parsing.

I couldn't find a way to to relay this stats from the parse-json processor
back to the original exchange which left the Jetty end-point.
Any idea?

Question 2:

I would like to extend the splitter to have a max line length, thus if
someone send 10 lines, but the 3rd is 2 mb long, then it will gracefully
skipped.
Does it exists some where other than the main camel repo?

If I would like to commit this feature back, what is the exact process I
should follow?

Thanks!

Asaf

Fwd: Sending stats back to Jetty after split

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
Forwarded from the dev mailing list.

Appreciate any experienced advice / help on this question!

Thanks!

 if I will receive 10,000 messages, this strategy forces me to wait for all
of them instead of streaming them to the direct end point, thus rendering
the streaming feature of the splitter useless?

Re: Sending stats back to Jetty after split

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen