Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2015/09/12 18:40:40 UTC

0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

The following is a candidate list of jiras that we want to complete in the
upcoming release (0.9.0.0). Our goal is to finish at least all the blockers
and as many as the non-blockers possible in that list.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20KAFKA%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.9.0.0

Anything should be added/removed from this list?

We are shooting to cut an 0.9.0.0 release branch in early October.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.
Is KAFKA-1811 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1811> worth
considering for 0.9.0?

Thanks!

Eddie

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
HI Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
We decided to rename 0.8.3 to 0.9.0 since it contains few large changes
(Security, new consumer, quotas).

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Agree that these are very nice to have. We've seen many deployments that
need to manage these on their own.

However, if this is not ready before we are done adding security and the
new consumer, it will make sense to still release 0.9.0 and add the broker
management improvements in 0.9.1. I'm trying to say: these are really nice
to have, but not blockers for the release.

Feel free to set "Fixed Version" to 0.9.0 if you are confident this will be
done in the next few weeks. Otherwise, perhaps a later version or just
leave empty for now.

Gwen

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
I made a pass of those.

KAFKA-2106 and KAFKA-1792 are related to improving the replica assignment.
Since they likely involve a KIP discussion, it's probably too late to
include them in 0.9.0.0.

KAFKA-2434: This is on the old consumer. Any improvement that we do should
probably be on the new consumer.

None of the rest of the jiras seems to be a blocker to me though. We can
include them if they get fixed before 0.9.0.0, but we probably won't wait
for them to be fixed.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
I made a pass of those.

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
I'd be interested to see:

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
I'd be interested to see:

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Yep,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Yep,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jason,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jason,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Hi Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com>.
Hi Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Jiangjie Qin <jq...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
HI Jun,

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras

Posted by Edward Ribeiro <ed...@gmail.com>.
Excuse me, I'd put my issue in this list on the backburner, but resuming
work on it this week.

Cheers,
Eddie

Re: 0.9.0.0 remaining jiras