Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com> on 2008/01/31 00:37:22 UTC

system.exit(-1)

Hi,
reading through the code I noticed some System.exit(-1) calls.
This wouldn't be very helpful in case of a embedded pig. Can we
replace those JVM shutdowns with RuntimeExceptions?
Than at least a system that's embedded pig will not shutdown in case
of Pig problem.
I would be happy to work on a patch, in case we agree on a solution.
Thanks.
Stefan

101tec Inc.
Menlo Park, California, USA
http://www.101tec.com

Re: system.exit(-1)

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
We definitely want to get rid of those, so a patch that replaced them
with exceptions would be welcomed.

Alan.