Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/18 20:52:52 UTC

Default template - size

When someone creates a vanilla iOS project from the CLI, the default app is
8 MB. It's obvious why this is so, the www/res folder includes all the
icons for all the platforms and is 8 MB.

Can we change this (why include all icons -- the www should be agnostic),
or is this a documentation problem.

Re: Default template - size

Posted by Axel Nennker <ig...@gmail.com>.
I think that my questions go away when www/config.xml moves to config.xml.
You have looked at the initial code and commented on it. Anything new on
the current code?
I will change the code tomorrow so that SRC becomes relatively to
project-dir and remove the re/icon logic.

Axel

Re: Default template - size

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Re: Default template - size

Posted by Axel Nennker <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Default template - size

Posted by "Wargo, John" <jo...@sap.com>.

Re: Default template - size

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Default template - size

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
I thought it used to be in the README.md (or somewhere else?), but I don't
think the res/ directory is meant to be included at all. When updating the
template, you're supposed to take the platform-specific things out of there
and put them in the right spot (splash screen and icon). They aren't needed
at all by the actually run-time.

Re: Default template - size

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
ya merges