Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/21 23:44:54 UTC

Query Jackrabbit properties using oracle SQL

Hi,
When using Oracle persistence manager, my understand is that jackrabbit node
is saved in ${schemaObjectPrefix}BUNDLE.BUNDLE_DATA in oracle, including the
properties of the node.

1. Is it possible to query node properties within oracle (without using
Jackrabbit API) for reporting purposes?
2. Is there way to save properties seperately so we can query them in oracle
for reporting purposes?

I am developing an initial prototype to replace IBM CM with Apache
Jackrabbit and if answer to both questions above is "NO", it will be a deal
breaker.

Thanks,
KS

Re: Query Jackrabbit properties using oracle SQL

Posted by "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Any ideas, please.

Posted by "kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com" <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Our application will be storing and retrieving contents through JCR API, so
as far as application is concerned, use of JCR API is sufficient enough.

But we also need to generate reports from database based on the properties
associated with the content. We don't want to write a new peice of java code
for each new report rather we want to use database reporting tool or simple
oracle sql for those reports.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 16:52, kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com
<ka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Any recommendations on how to get properties stored seperately (as non-blob)
> in oracle?
>
> Maybe use a non-bundle persistance manager, like SimpleDbPersistenceManager?
> Or maybe write an extension of OraclePersistenceManager with pre/post
> process to store properties in seperate tables?

Why don't you access the data in the repository over the JCR API? If
this is not possible/desired, why do you use a JCR repository in the
first place?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Query Jackrabbit properties using oracle SQL

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:44 PM, kazim_ssuet@yahoo.com
<ka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am developing an initial prototype to replace IBM CM with Apache
> Jackrabbit and if answer to both questions above is "NO", it will be a deal
> breaker.

The answer is NO. Jackrabbit stores the bundle data in a binary format
that's not accessible to normal SQL queries on the database level.

BR,

Jukka Zitting