Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Martin Groenescheij <ma...@groenescheij.com> on 2019/06/01 20:40:40 UTC

Re: XLSM file

On 30/05/2019 11:24, Sudha Bharathan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have received a xlsm extension file. When the same is opened on open
> office calc, there are changes in text and figures from the original.The
> changes done in the file doesn't seem to save either.
> I had set the marco security to low too.

Found with Google search:

XLSM files are actually identical to Microsoft Excel Open XML Format
Spreadsheet (XLSX
<https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-an-xlsx-file-2622540>) files with the
only difference being that XLSM files will execute embedded macros
<https://www.lifewire.com/description-of-excel-macro-3123921> that are
programmed in the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) language.

> Kindly help how the xlsm file would be worked on the open office.

VBA macros don't run in penOffice