Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Proneet Biswas <pr...@redback.com> on 2007/12/06 03:07:33 UTC

Client denied/Invalid Argument

Hi,
  I am a newbie to the mod_perl for Apache . I am trying to run a simple
perl script under Apache 2.2 . HOwever, it seems to be either crashign
teh server or saying client denied by server configuration.
The PERL is Active Perl 5.8
The Apache Server is version 2.2.6

The httpd.conf reads like this :

LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"

PerlModule ModPerl::Registry
Alias /perl/ "C:/Apache22/perl/"
<Location /perl>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
     Options +ExecCGI
     PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
</Location>

PerlModule Apache2::Hello
<Location /hello>
    SetHandler modperl
    PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Hello
</Location>

The Apache error log reads:

[Wed Dec 05 16:53:05 2007] [notice] Child 4224: Starting thread to
listen on port 80.
[Wed Dec 05 16:53:19 2007] [notice] Parent: child process exited with
status 9 -- Restarting.
[Wed Dec 05 16:53:19 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) mod_perl/2.0.3
Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Dec 05 16:53:19 2007] [notice] Server built: Sep  5 2007 08:58:56
[Wed Dec 05 16:53:19 2007] [crit] (22)Invalid argument: Parent: Failed
to create the child process.
[Wed Dec 05 16:53:19 2007] [crit] (OS 6)The handle is invalid.  :
master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.
[Wed Dec 05 16:53:49 2007] [notice] Parent: Forcing termination of child
process 36

I would appreciate if I could get some pointers/workaround for this issue.

Regards
Proneet.

Re: Client denied/Invalid Argument

Posted by Proneet Biswas <pr...@redback.com>.
It works when I keep the script in the cgi-bin directory

Posted by Proneet Biswas <pr...@redback.com>.
I tried with 2.2.4 also. Same issue. It has something to do with
permissions. When I try out the example of creating a "Hello World" perl
module and put that in the directory c:\perl\site\lib\Apache2, that one
seems to work.
Any other things which I should be aware off ?

Regards

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

--
best regards,