Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William R Briggs <wr...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/12/10 19:40:57 UTC

Access Apache server variables from Tomcat code?

Hi all,

A somewhat random question that I have been unable to find the answer to -
I have a setup using Tomcat 5.0.16 w/ Apache 1.3.28.  I am using a custom
Apache  module that is internal to my company in order to perform user
authentication.  This module exports certain values into the server
environment.  Using PHP, I can access the values like so:
$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'].

Is there an equivalent I can use from my servlet/jsp code within Tomcat to
access this environment information?

Thanks,
Will

Re: Access Apache server variables from Tomcat code?

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
request.getRemoteUser();

Jake