Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com> on 2006/06/21 10:53:07 UTC

Which Open source MOM

HI,

I am in the hunt of an Open source MOM ... I am not sure which one is widely
popular and best.

Kindly suggest a location which could give me a comparison for the various
open source MOM options available. It should have C++ support.

Can anybody tell me why we should use ActiveMQ ... what are the prime
benefits of this MOM please.

Thanks in advance

Lalit ...

Re: Which Open source MOM

Posted by amerigo5 <am...@hotmail.com>.
Add Open Message Queue (https://mq.dev.java.net/) from Glassfish/SJAS to the
list.

Re: Which Open source MOM

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/06, Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Jerome-
>
> U know any website that gives a comparison of all the MOMs available ...

Here's a page providing a little info on comparing ActiveMQ to JBossMQ:

http://www.activemq.org/site/how-does-activemq-compare-to-jbossmq.html

Here's a page providing some info on comparing ActiveMQ to JMS4Spread:

http://www.activemq.org/site/how-does-activemq-compare-to-spread-toolkit.html

Here's a page listing open source JMS implementations with just a bit
of commentary:

http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/open-source-jms-java

I'm sure there is more, but this is what I found by doing a quick
Google search.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Which Open source MOM

Posted by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com>.
Jerome-

U know any website that gives a comparison of all the MOMs available ...

Thanks a ton.

Re: Which Open source MOM

Posted by romje_mentorj <ro...@javaxpert.com>.

Lalit Nagpal wrote:

> Hi Jerome ...
>
> Thanks for coming to my rescue ... context would be J2EE ...
> We would generate Java, Python, .Net code using SWIG on the C++ layer (we
> would write this one) that would talk to MOM and thereby use the generated
> code with the various languages.
>
> Any inputs on what you think would be best for this environment. My
> requirements are - it should have C++ support and should be an open source
> MOM.

for these points of view ActiveMQ is a very good choice...

Any inputs on XMLBlaster ....

not used since several years, worked nicely but it's a proprietary solution
so don't
offer you the trick to simply change the configuration to use another
implementation..
I 'm really convinced that JMS is the right tool for this job...So any good
JMS implementation is your friend ...:)

Re: Which Open source MOM

Re: Which Open source MOM

Re: Which Open source MOM

Posted by Lalit Nagpal <la...@rediffmail.com>.
Thanks a ton for all the help ... any more inputs will be most welcome.

Re: Which Open source MOM

Posted by romje_mentorj <ro...@javaxpert.com>.

Lalit Nagpal wrote:

> HI,
>
> I am in the hunt of an Open source MOM ... I am not sure which one is
> widely popular and best.
>
> Kindly suggest a location which could give me a comparison for the various
> open source MOM options available. It should have C++ support.
>
> Can anybody tell me why we should use ActiveMQ ... what are the prime
> benefits of this MOM please.

You should first . know that MOM & Open Source is a quite recent love song,
because MOM (MQ-Series or Tuxedo) are old components in huge infrastructures
(bank/telecom)...
In the Java world JMs is the standard for implementing Point to Point or
Pub/Sub messaging paradigms (Request /Response one is not supported)..
JMs can provide you :
- decoupling (with support for different clients)
- independance from vendor (just change your config to switch from one tool
to another)

ActiveMQ will bring you:
* C++ connector (and different other languages like ruby/python/PHP)
* Open Source
* clean architecture
* good internal design ==> several deployment options

Good choice
Jerome