Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ben West <bw...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/19 18:46:05 UTC

Re: Meta region hotspotting

Thanks Jack.

We couldn't find any "bad" queries (though perhaps we weren't looking hard enough) but an upgrade to 0.92rc3 seems to have resolved the problem. Not sure why, but there were a couple modifications to HTablePool that might've done it.

Thanks for your help everyone,
-Ben

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
> I do not know if this was fixed in 0.90.X but, its possible that there is a bug with REST that causes full scan of META for any misses.

It's possible but REST relies on HTable / HTablePool and tries to do the right thing with the client API, to minimize REST specific problems interacting with HBase, HBASE-5228 not withstanding, a mistake for which I apologize.

Best regards

       - Andy