Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dan Hobbs <da...@jumar-solutions.com> on 2005/02/18 18:20:01 UTC

WS-I compliance, ">" prepended to element datatypes in deploy.wsdd

Dear all,

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with pointers for getting up to speed
on web services. I can safely say the best advice I have received is "start
with the WSDL"! :-)

An interesting point with my web service, though, is that although the WSDL
passes the WS-I compliance test, the message sent in response does not. It
looks fine to me, but it fails two tests which both appear to be
namespace-related. I can post the WSDL and the WS-I check log if anyone is
interested or able to advise. I think I may have made a mistake in the WSDL
to get this error out. Either that, or it's a small problem with the way
Axis builds its response messages. In any case, it works, and we can say
that the WSDL at least is WS-I-compliant, so my boss is happy. :-)

One other question. I noticed that when I do wsdl2java the generated
deploy.wsdd has ">" before each element data type. I have searched around
but I can't find the reason for this. Can anyone shed any light?

Regards,

Dan