Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Natanasabai C <na...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 09:14:26 UTC

axis2 with rampart - Query in Secure Token Service

Hi,

We are using axis2 1.6.0  with rampart.
I would like to know the reason why rampart provided SAML token generator
STS (Secure Token Service)
comes as a webservice. Please let me know if there is any way of invoking
through regular java API call instead of webservice.

My assumption is that If the STS can be made as a regular API call then we
can reduce the time taken by the webservice.
Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,
Natanasabai.

Re: axis2 with rampart - Query in Secure Token Service

Posted by Thilina Mahesh Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Rampart STS is implemented as per the Security Token Service framework
defined by WS-Trust specification. It defines how to issue security tokens
based on a RequestSecurityToken message. Also when a token is issued the
relevant subject information is extracted from the WS Security measures
applied on the STS.

But if required, you can use the extend the existing functionality by
writing your own token issuer and plug it into Rampart and issue tokens
through an API call.

Thanks,
Thilina

--