Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2014/05/16 09:12:15 UTC

Process update

I've gone through the process page and spruced it up. The main change is
that I've split things into three JIRA tickets, but removed all the
suggestion of many sub-tickets.

The three are:

1) Retiring the project.
2) Deleting the resources.
3) Deleting the resources, 6 months later.

#2 and #3 should be an issue opened with INFRA.

My thinking is that the items in #1 are critical to informing users that
the project is defunct, and making sure the project doesn't continue as a
zombie, while #2 and #3 are largely about saving ASF resources and cleaning
up. I imagine there'll be debate about what should be in #1 and #2.
Currently I've arbitrarily gone with #1 being those items any member can do
(filtered by what I knew how to do).

I've also checked Muse off as complete, and moved Esme, Stdcxx and XMLBeans
along.

Hen