Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by satish <sa...@viithiisys.com> on 2016/08/22 05:55:02 UTC

Issue with Increasing tomcat Threads

Hi All,

Is there any doc to configure tomcat server on production server. Actually,
We have multi instance OFBiz setup which is load balanced by separate apache
via ajp. We are facing issue on OFBiz instance server having increasing
thread randomly and because of this server and application become
unresponsive. Usually, this happen with increasing OFBiz instance threads
count. We are  using OFBiz version 14.12

Thanks
Satish Kumar

Re: Issue with Increasing tomcat Threads

Posted by Ganesh Bawne <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo / Jacques,

Thank you very much for sharing your views.

I will check the sites with the points you given and certainly it will help
us to solve our issue. Between, our load balancer support sticky session
and present session-timeout value is 120...  using both http and https
connections. The DCC and other setup is already done as per the
documentation.

However, one more thing I observed,  the site has ~20 hits by legitimate
spider in a minute so assume their session kept alive until its session
timeout(120 minutes) reached?

Thanks,
Ganesh

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Ganesh,

Also if several OFBiz instances share the same DB be sure to have the Distributed Entity Cache Clear (DCC) Mechanism
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Distributed+Entity+Cache+Clear+%28DCC%29+Mechanism> sets properly

Jacques

Le 22/08/2016 � 10:22, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Ganesh,

Posted by Ganesh Bawne <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Oh Right indeed, I was still asleep it seems

Jaques

Le 22/08/2016 � 08:48, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Satish,

There is still the appserver component in the R14.12 branch (note that the R14.12 was not and will never be released
http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html "Special Notice Regarding Branches 14.12 and 15.12:" section).

This component was originally in the framework part but we stopped to support it already years ago and decided to downgrade it and move it to
specialpurpose, then recently in Attic.

I'd love to see it resurrected but it's not an effort the community decided to pursue.

So the best you have is this component and the documentation at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Run+OFBiz+under+outside+Application+Servers

In other words you are on your own on this; though I'd personally, and I guess the community too, appreciate a shareable success in this area!