Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/04 19:34:27 UTC

Setting up XBaya WebUI

Hi all,

I cloned the XBaya WebUI code from [1] and managed to build the web app.

But when I run the application (using grunt server command) I can see I get
two errors in the Chrome console as shown in attached err_0.png image. One
error is related to "undefined require" and other one is related to a
failure of loading a resource

When I try to connect to the registry I get another error in the Chrome
console as shown in err_1.png and err_2.png. That error is due to "not
allowed access". But using the same registry URL I can connect to the
registry using XBaya without any issues.

I tried to solve this issue by my self for some time now. But I was
unsuccessful. I would appreciate your help to fix these issues.

Regards
Supun Nakandala

[1] - https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/sandbox/gsoc2013/

Re: Setting up XBaya WebUI

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Supun,

We implemented separate JS client API[1] which can be used to call airavata
registry and web UI project suppose to use that client to do registry
calls. But unfortunately we have an issue when we try to integrate the JS
client with web UI project which has written in Angular.js. Still we are
trying to connect the dots. Here the root cause is,  get the angular MVC
design works, we need to use $http method comes with Angular.js to do rest
calls and we can't use JS Client API for that. For the sake of complete the
web UI project what we thought was, implement that $http functions and it
is not finish yet. As this is tightly couple with Anjular.js we can't
provide generic JS client API with this way. Sanchit and Subho can explain
this with more details.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRAVATA/JavaScript+Regsitry+Client

Thanks,