Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by techbuddy <te...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/16 22:36:25 UTC

Help with Selective replication in Hbase

Hi,

I need to be able to selectively replicate the mutations from my master
cluster into my backup/slave cluster,based on some application specific
policy.In other words I want to suppress replication of certain mutation
events, and allow the same only for the rest.

The ReplicationSinkService interface
(http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ReplicationSinkService.html)
looks promising in this regard, as it provides the application a hook into
the replication process.

I intend to extend the Replication class that implements this interface and
override the replicateLogEntries(HLog.Entry[] entries) method. However I
couldn't find any config parameter (that I can specify in hbase-site.xml) to
specify my custom Replication class.

Any pointers on this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with Selective replication in Hbase

Posted by techbuddy <te...@gmail.com>.
Since the behavior of this application controlled replication (Through
ReplicationSourceService and ReplicationSinkService) is not documented ,we
were wondering if this feature runs the possibility of being withdrawn in
future.

Also, has anybody used this in production/prototyping? If so, please share
your experience.

-thanks
SB

Re: Help with Selective replication in Hbase

Posted by techbuddy <te...@gmail.com>.
Looks like I got what I was looking for. Will try this out.

 String sinkClassname =
conf.get(HConstants.REPLICATION_SINK_SERVICE_CLASSNAME,
3549
HConstants.REPLICATION_SERVICE_CLASSNAME_DEFAULT);