Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/08 18:42:29 UTC

devcloud2 to completely automate a developer environment setup?

While working on devcloud2, I've been thinking about whether devcloud2
could be taken a step further.

It is possible to fully automate setup of a cloudstack development
environment, consisting of:

- debian with lightweight desktop (LXDE and RDP)
- git clone of cloudstack
- mvn build of latest stable release of cloudstack
- eclipse luna workspace setup with cloudstack projects imported

I have opened this question as an issue on my devcloud project here [1].

Note that my github project automates all of the above, but does take
a long time to build by vagrant.  This effort could be pushed further
up the environment build chain by moving it to packer which is the
tool used to build the base vagrant box.

What do you think?

One possible downside of the environment is that it will require a
sufficiently powerful vagrant host machine.

---
[1] https://github.com/snowch/devcloud/issues/8