Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Anveshi Charuvaka <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/19 21:58:32 UTC

HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message

Hi All,

	I am trying to run a hama jobs on a cluster, but the job fails and I am unable to figure out from the logs why the job is failing. I am attaching what I could see in the job log from bspMaster node and the task log from one of the worker nodes. Any help in trying to figure out what is going wrong is greatly appreciated. I would also like to mention that the jobs was working fine on another machine in pseudo-distributed mode.

Thanks
Anveshi

worker log file is attempt_201311181813_0088_000000_0.log
job log file from the console output is job_log.txt

Re: HAMA jobs failing, with no debug message

Posted by Anveshi Charuvaka <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward,

	I did not check it in local mode, but I tried in pseudo-distributed mode and it is working fine. The task logging on the cluster is set to INFO mode, which seems to be the default. I'll try to get the cluster admin to restart hama in DEBUG or ALL mode to try to figure out the problem. By the way, is there any easy option to set the logging mode when you start hama deamons?

	To setup the logging in DEBUG mode, for my local machine pseudo-distributed mode installation, I had to edit the script hama-daemon.sh and set export HAMA_ROOT_LOGGER="DEBUG,DRFA".  I was hoping that setting hama.root.logger in log4j.properties would do the trick, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks
Anveshi

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.