Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by Reed Villanueva <rv...@ucera.org> on 2020/02/08 00:30:53 UTC

Is there a way to include task logging output in task fail alert emails?

Is there a way to include task logging output in task fail alert emails?

When running a dag and a task fails and emailing is set up in the
airflow.conf file, an email alert is sent that looks like...
[image: image.png]
and you can click the link to see the logs. Is there a way to print the
logs or some portion of the logs in the email itself (eg. for when I am not
connected to our internal network and so cannot get to our local airflow
server address to view the logs)?

--
This electronic message is intended only for the named
recipient, and may
contain information that is confidential or
privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or
use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If
you have received this message in error or are not the
named
recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the
sender at
the electronic mail address noted above, and delete
and destroy all copies
of this message. Thank you.

Re: Is there a way to include task logging output in task fail alert emails?

Posted by Sandeep S <30...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We are moving from Tidal to Airflow for all ETL applications. Some of our
ETL Airflow jobs are still dependent on Tidal jobs. Is there a way we can
have Tidal-Airflow integration to read the Tidal job status and invoke
Airflow jobs.

Regards
Sandeep