Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/21 22:27:48 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Following two positive discussions[1][2] regarding Lens' current
status, I'm calling a VOTE to graduate the project from the Incubator
to TLP status.  After this VOTE succeeds, its resolution will be
forwarded to the Incubator list for another VOTE, after which the
resolution will be sent to the Board for consideration at its next
meeting.  I've removed myself and Chris Douglas (checked with him
offline), now that our roles as mentors have finished and we've not
been involved otherwise with the community.

The vote will run for 72 hours, ending 2pm PST July 24th.  Everyone in
the Lens community is invited and encouraged to vote, although only
PPMC votes are binding

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Lens from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Lens from the Incubator because ...

Here's my binding vote: +1.

-Jakob

[1] http://s.apache.org/LensGradDiscuss1
[2] http://s.apache.org/LensGradDiscuss2

---- Apache Lens graduation resolution draft
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to unified analytics across multiple tiered data stores.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Lens Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to unified analytics
across multiple tiered data stores; and be it further RESOLVED, that the
office of "Vice President, Apache Lens" be and hereby is created, the
person holding such office to serve at the direction of the Board of
Directors as the chair of the Apache Lens Project, and to have primary
responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Lens Project; and be it further RESOLVED,
that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed to
serve as the initial members of the Apache Lens Project:

* Amareshwari Sriramadasu <amareshwari at apache dot org>
* Arshad Matin <arshadmatin at apache dot org>
* Gunther Hagleitner <gunther at apache dot org>
* Himanshu Gahlaut <himanshugahlaut at apache dot org>
* Jaideep Dhok <jdhok at apache dot org>
* Jean Baptiste Onofre <jbonofre at apache dot org>
* Raghavendra Singh <raghavsingh at apache dot org>
* Rajat Khandelwal <prongs at apache dot org>
* Raju Bairishetti <raju at apache dot org>
* Sharad Agarwal <sharad at apache dot org>
* Sreekanth Ramakrishnan <sreekanth at apache dot org>
* Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun at apache dot org>
* Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
* Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
* Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
* Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are
hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Raghavendra Singh <ra...@inmobi.com>.
+1
On 22-Jul-2015 9:23 AM, "Sharad Agarwal" <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > * Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
> > * Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
> > * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
> > * Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
> > accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> > and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> > removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> > it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
> > the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
> > podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramdasu <am...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks
Amareshwari

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Kartheek Muthyala <ka...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Thanks

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kartheek Muthyala

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Suma Shivaprasad <su...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "jaideep.dhok@gmail.com" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Raju Bairishetti <ra...@inmobi.com>.
+1

--
Thanks & Regards,
Raju Bairishetti,

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Jothi Padmanabhan <jo...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Jothi

> [...]

> * Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
> * Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
> * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
> * Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
> podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Pranav Kumar Agarwal <pr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Nitin Gupta <ni...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Nitin
On 22-Jul-2015 5:52 pm, "Srikanth Sundarrajan" <sr...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > * Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
> > * Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
> > * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
> > * Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
> > accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> > and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> > removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> > it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
> > the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
> > podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Naresh Agarwal <na...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Thanks
Naresh
On 24 Jul 2015 12:46, "Arshad Matin" <ar...@inmobi.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > deepak.barr@flipkart.com> wrote:
> >
> > > +1
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Deepak Kumar Barr
> > > Bigfoot-Apps

> > Incubator
> next
> not

> Everyone
> > > in
> only

> > interests
> > > of
> > public,

> Committee
> further

> responsible
> > that
> > the
> > of
> > > primary
> > > RESOLVED,
> > appointed

> > Sriramadasu
> serve
> > > in
> > > Directors
> > > retirement,
> and
> > > be

> with

> > > Incubator

> for
> > > the
> > > privileged
> > > notified
> > > reliance
> > notify
> your
> > > transmission
> in
> > > its
> > > >

> > > --
> > >

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> > intended
> > > solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
> > addressed.
> > > If you have received this email in error please notify the system
> > manager.
> > > This message contains confidential information and is intended only for
> > the
> > > individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
> > > disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
> > > immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
> > > delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended
> > recipient
> > > you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
> > > action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
> > > prohibited. Although Flipkart has taken reasonable precautions to
> ensure
> > no
> > > viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
> > responsibility
> > > for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Arshad Matin <ar...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Posted by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com>.
+1

-

Posted by "Deepak Kumar Barr (Tech_BLR)" <de...@flipkart.com>.
+1

Posted by Ajay Yadav <aj...@inmobi.com>.
+1

> [...]

> > * Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
> > * Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
> > * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
> > * Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
> > accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> > and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> > removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> > it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
> > the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
> > podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1 -C

Posted by Rajat Khandelwal <pr...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Tushar Ghosh <tu...@inmobi.com>.
+1

> [...]

> > * Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
> > * Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
> > * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
> > * Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
> > be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
> > accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> > and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> > removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> > it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
> > the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
> > podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Lens from Incubator

Posted by Himanshu Gahlaut <hi...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Regards,
Himanshu

> [...]

> * Suma Shivaprasad <sumasai at apache dot org>
> * Vikram Dixit <vikram at apache dot org>
> * Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv at apache dot org>
> * Yash Sharma <yash at apache dot org>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Amareshwari Sriramadasu
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Lens, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache Lens Project be and hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Lens
> podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> Lens podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.