Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Faheem Mitha <fa...@email.unc.edu> on 2004/07/06 02:58:11 UTC

cat broken in svnshell (version 1.0.5 (r9954) on Debian)

Crashes interpreter, actually...

<rev: 147 /corrmodel/trunk>$ cat bfn.cc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/svnshell", line 298, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/svnshell", line 295, in main
    core.run_app(SVNShell, sys.argv[1])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/svn/core.py", line 33, in
  run_app
    return apply(func, (pool,) + args, kw)
  File "/usr/bin/svnshell", line 43, in __init__
    self.cmdloop()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 133, in cmdloop
    stop = self.onecmd(line)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/cmd.py", line 210, in onecmd
    return func(arg)
  File "/usr/bin/svnshell", line 68, in do_cat
    print core.svn_stream_read(stream, filelen)
TypeError: expecting an integer for the buffer size

Is this a Debian-specific bug? If so, I'll report it to the Debian bug
tracking system. If not, I won't. Thanks in advance. Please cc me on
any reply, I'm not subscribed.

                                                              Faheem.

Re: cat broken in svnshell (version 1.0.5 (r9954) on Debian)

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Faheem Mitha wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>> Try the current trunk version of svnshell, and see if that works:
>> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/examples/svnshell.py
>
> It works correctly. When will this be part of a release? Perhaps r9877
> fixed the problem, though there is no actual bug listed. I'll send a
> report requesting the Debian version be patched if it is going to be a
> while before it hits a release.

It's not certain yet whether there is need for a 1.0.6 release or not.

The fix will be in 1.1.0

> By the way, can I get paging with cat inside svnshell?
>
> cat filename | less
>
> does not work, but is there something else that might?

I don't know, look at the code to see.

Max.

Re: cat broken in svnshell (version 1.0.5 (r9954) on Debian)

Posted by Faheem Mitha <fa...@email.unc.edu>.

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.