Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/02/02 22:59:03 UTC

3.2/3.x nightly builds

Will be available starting tonight.

Because I don't want to load daedalus and it's much easier for me, I'll
make them available from:

 http://nagoya.apache.org/~costin/ws32/

( 3.x builds are in:
  http://nagoya.apache.org/~costin/ws/
)

Few notes:

- the build is done with JDK1.2( with no extensions in classpath and with
JSSE ) and JDK1.1

- tomcat is started and watchdog is run 3 times ( I'm interested in how
long it takes - it's a good indicator of how performance is moving - the
third time is "warm" and no jsp compilation takes place )

- sanity is also run

- all logs are in ws/logs/ ( including summary in nightly.log, detailed
build logs, detailed watchdog output, output of run ).

- all bundles are in ws/zip/ ( including src, etc )

- For 3.2.x, JDK1.1 build fails :-( ( it failed in 3.2.1, so it's not a
regression ). ( it works fine on 3.3 )

- tests for JDK1.1 are not done yet ( the VM has a problem, it's a
multiprocessor machine and I didn't had time to install the right patches
and VM ). I have another machine that does JDK1.1 and testing ( where I
have the right stuff ).

And most importantly:

- I have a lot of work on my TODO list, don't expect the build/test
scripts to do magic or look nice.

--
Costin