Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Camel Guy <ca...@devguy.com> on 2014/11/19 18:00:29 UTC

Headaches using PostgreSQL and Camel with connection pooling

I have discovered that PostgreSQL, Camel, and connection pools are a
toxic combination when the schema search path isn't set on a per-user
basis (which I can not do).

Part of the problem is that the Postgres JDBC doesn't want to add
schema search path to the url. As a work-around, the jdbc/sql
components could skip the first empty "set search path" result set.

Perhaps there is a way to interact with the connection pool more
directly. Currently it's just a black box from my perspective.

My solution? Get rid of the connection pool for now.

~cg