Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexis Antonakis <al...@antonakis.co.uk> on 2003/07/11 15:05:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with the Manual

Hi,

I am trying to access the manual which was installed with Apache 2.0.46,
but I am getting the following error on every page:

Parse error: parse error in
D:\web\apache2.0.46\Apache2\manual\index.html.en on line 1

Line 1 on every page is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

If I comment out this line then everything works fine, but I don't want
to go through every page doing this, besides I presume the configuration
file hasn't been set up properly to handle xml scripting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Alexis

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with the Manual

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:50:03 -0300, "Alexis Antonakis"
<al...@antonakis.co.uk> said:
> Joshua,
>
> I am trying to access the manual using a web browser (Mozilla 1.4).
>
> Sorry, as they are web pages I took it for granted that I was using a
> browser, although I should have stated which.
>
> FYI I am also using Win2000 and Apache 2.0.46

Well, mozilla probably doesn't known that the "en" file type is html in
this case.  In general, the apache documentation MUST be viewed through
the server.  It can't be viewed directly through the filesystem because
of the changes made to accomodate language negotiation.  If you want a
version that doesn't require the server, see:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/docs/

Joshua.
--
Joshua Slive