Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Chia-Ping Tsai <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/10/07 02:03:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Passing a copy of props to Connector#start rather than passing props itself

hi folks,

The props passed to Connector#start is not a clone so any change to props will impact the props itself. If we try to pause and then resume a connector, the props passed to connector is what we changed before. However, the "changes" don't sync to config store. So if connector restart on another worker, the props is original one.

For consistency, should we pass a copy of props to Connector#start? (the cost of making a copy should not be high). Passing a clone does break the behavioral compatibility but i guess no one is using it in production.

Cheers,
Chia-Ping