Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Edward <hu...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/22 22:43:14 UTC

Xalan question

>  Hi!
>  I experience a problem with Xalan when the xml file
> is big (50 MB). Parser stops giving the following
> message:
>
> ========= Parsing file:C:/TMP/Program
> Files/Xalan/samples/directory.xsl ==========
> Parse of file:C:/TMP/Program
> Files/Xalan/samples/directory.xsl took 1302
> milliseconds
> ========= Parsing file:C:/TMP/Program
> Files/Xalan/samples/max.xml ==========
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>       at

org.apache.xerces.utils.StringPool.ensureCapacity(Compiled
> Code)
>       at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:861)
>       at

org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:249)
>       at

org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngineImpl.java:880)
>       at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Compiled
Code)
> Exception in thread "main"
>
>  I know for sure there is at least 150 MB or RAM
available on my machine. Is there anything that can be
done about it?

http://im.yahoo.com/