Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/06 22:43:14 UTC

Possible candidates for backport to 1.5 branch

Going through the revisions that have not been merged from trunk to
1.5,  I think the author's should probably nominate them.  And maybe
some of these have been and I just missed them when I looked at
STATUS.  If our mergeinfo property is right, they have not been merged
though.  Overall, it was not as bad as I thought.  I think this list,
combined with what is already nominated is pretty complete.

r29188 kfogel
Documentation and code consistency cleanups, for problems encountered
while working on other issues.

* subversion/svn/conflict-callbacks.c
  (svn_cl__conflict_handler): Be consistent about how we check the
    response after prompting the user.  I chose a way at random; if
    you prefer the other way, that's fine, just please make sure that
    *both* followups to svn_cmdline_prompt_user2() use the same way.
    Also, fix a typo in a comment.

* subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c
  (resolve_conflict_on_entry): Tidy up doc string.

r29175, r29252  kfogel

svnadmin recover changes.

r29439 joeorton
* subversion/libsvn_ra_neon/session.c
  (parse_capabilities): Simplify (and optimise) to retrieve the DAV:
  response header directly rather than unnecessarily iterating through
  all the returned header fields to find it.  Also fix the comment.

r29544 cmpilato
Poor man's long-option aliasing, introducing --cl as an alias for
--changelist.

* subversion/svn/main.c
  (svn_cl__options): Add --cl as a long-opt alias, and note this alias
    in --changelist's description.

* subversion/libsvn_subr/opt.c
  (print_command_info, print_command_info2): Don't print options with
    NULL descriptions.

r29642  glasser
Make sure that "svnadmin upgrade" never leaves an FSFS repository in a
broken state.

Specifically, in the unlikely event that "svnadmin upgrade" failed
between creating the txn-current (or txn-current-lock) files and
changing the version file, the repository would have been left in
"format 2", but running "svnadmin upgrade" again would fail in trying
to create those files.

* subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/fs_fs.c
  (create_file_ignore_eexist): New.
  (upgrade_body): Use new helper to ignore EEXIST errors when creating
   txn-current and its lock.

r29659, r29663, r29664  glasser
SASL error leaks

r29677, 29679, 29680 glasser
merge --reintegrate fixes

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Possible candidates for backport to 1.5 branch

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> r29544 cmpilato
> Poor man's long-option aliasing, introducing --cl as an alias for
> --changelist.
>
> * subversion/svn/main.c
>   (svn_cl__options): Add --cl as a long-opt alias, and note this alias
>     in --changelist's description.
>
> * subversion/libsvn_subr/opt.c
>   (print_command_info, print_command_info2): Don't print options with
>     NULL descriptions.

Recommended for backport.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: Possible candidates for backport to 1.5 branch

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM, David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  r29642  glasser
>  >  Make sure that "svnadmin upgrade" never leaves an FSFS repository in a
>  >  broken state.
>  >
>  >  Specifically, in the unlikely event that "svnadmin upgrade" failed
>  >  between creating the txn-current (or txn-current-lock) files and
>  >  changing the version file, the repository would have been left in
>  >  "format 2", but running "svnadmin upgrade" again would fail in trying
>  >  to create those files.
>  >
>  >  * subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/fs_fs.c
>  >   (create_file_ignore_eexist): New.
>  >   (upgrade_body): Use new helper to ignore EEXIST errors when creating
>  >    txn-current and its lock.
>  >
>  >  r29659, r29663, r29664  glasser
>  >  SASL error leaks
>  >
>  >  r29677, 29679, 29680 glasser
>  >  merge --reintegrate fixes
>
>  I mean to nominate all of these but haven't had a chance; feel free to
>  do so and assume my vote.

Done.

>  There was also a change where I fixed a getopt_tests failure with SASL enabled.

r29678, also nominated.

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net>.