Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Halo Consultant <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/29 23:11:15 UTC

Maven download source query

Hello Maven experts

I have simple query but cannot find the answer.

1. I have 75 projects under a given maven repository,which are maintained by different java developers.

<groupid>TIGER</groupid>

My Requirement :
1.I want to write a script to download all the java source for latest released version of each of this 75 projects.

2. I dont want to download any other dependencies. I just want to download 75 sources jar and explode the sources and run some code analysis tool.

2. Is there trick which can achieve above task. I was thinking of pom.xml similar to below.

------------------
<project>
 <build>
		<defaultGoal>install</defaultGoal>
 </build>

<dependencies>
 	<dependency>
 			<groupId>TIGER</groupId>
 			<artifactId>*</artifactId>
 			<version>RELEASE</version>
 			<classifier>sources</classifier>
	</dependency>
  </dependencies>

</project>

-------------------

Above should give a idea : i want to download all the latest jar with wild card artifactid. Even if wild card is not allowed i am ready to type it..but i want to avoid typing the versions. I want to get the latest sources jar released in our maven repository.

Maven 2.2.1

This is just for source code analysis purpose.

Halo

Re: Maven download source query

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
This sounds like a better use case for the Maven Indexer and/or Aether than
Maven itself. There is no syntax for saying "all artifacts within a group"
in a pom. But you should be able to use the Indexer API to formulate such a
query against a repository index.

Justin