Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Ravikant Dindokar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 14:18:48 UTC

Giraph Metrics showing communication time zero for SimpleShortestPathsComputation example

Hi

I am running SimpleShortestPathsComputation example with giraph metrics
flag enabled
(-Dgiraph.metrics.enable=true) but the metrics is showing communication
time o for all superstep.

Is there any fix available for this or do I need to set any other flag true
for  the same?

sample metric output:

--- METRICS: superstep 1 ---
  superstep time: 1328 ms
  compute all partitions: 944 ms
  network communication time: 0 ms
  time to first message: 0 us
  wait on requests time: 1120 us

Re: Giraph Metrics showing communication time zero for SimpleShortestPathsComputation example

Posted by Ravikant Dindokar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arjun,

I could not figure out the solution. But in case of page-rank example I
Observed non zero values for the same field.

It would be really great if some one can explain what does superstep
time,compute all partitions, network communication time  in the metric
information exactly mean?

Is compute all partitions + network communication time + synchronization
overhead =superstep time or *is network communication time is included in
the compute time itself*?

Thanks
Ravikant

Posted by Arjun Sharma <as...@gmail.com>.