Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ekta Awasthi <Ek...@officedepot.com.INVALID> on 2022/09/19 18:36:58 UTC

Artemis server getting killed randomly by OS Kernel

Hello,

My apache artemis server running on 2.22.0 is getting randomly, upon checking it turns out that the OS kernel is killing it with below error.
To my understanding the process with highest consuming memory should be getting killed but this is NOT the case when I am checking metrics from a metric tool. The memory and all are well under where it should be and there are no broker logs to check on anything.

dmesg | grep "21457"
Out of memory: Kill process 21457 (java) score 852 or sacrifice child

I am following up with my OS team to see if they can point me in the right direction or something is off with the version itself...?

Thanks
Ekta

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email and attached document(s) may contain confidential information that is intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon the information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Re: Artemis server getting killed randomly by OS Kernel

Posted by Ekta Awasthi <Ek...@officedepot.com.INVALID>.
Sad part is I am not seeing any logs with paging or when the broken is getting killed.

There are simply no logs, the only logs I see are before the process got killed.

Last log I see in Artemis.log is console is up and available. That’s it.

Thanks

Ekta Awasthi,
Engineer, EAI Operations & Support | Office Depot, Inc.
6600 North Military Trail | Boca Raton, FL 33496-2434
Office: 561-438-3552 | Mobile: 206-966-5577 | ekta.awasthi@officedepot.com
-- Tips for EAI Support Engagement --
-EAI Pre-Prod Support: Create requests on the following JIRA board EAI Operations Support
-EAI Production Support: Create requests via IT Service Desk self-service portal, instructions click here: EAI Support queue --> ODP - Enterprise Apps Integration Support
-As a reminder, the Service Availability Managers should be engaged for any service impacting issues, with a ***Page*** to NAITAVAILABILITYMGRS@OFFICEDEPOT.COM or by initiating a MIRT
Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis server getting killed randomly by OS Kernel

Posted by sl...@cecurity.com.INVALID.