Posted to users@maven.apache.org by An...@nokia.com on 2004/02/17 10:59:38 UTC

setting plugin properties in maven.xml

Hi,

I've asked this question already last week, but apparently could not express it so clearly that the problem was understood.

The problem is, that we have one directory, in which the sources for an ejb jar are. With these sources, for different ejb-jars must be created. all four ejb-jars will have the same sources, only different deployment descriptors.

The ejb-plugin expects the ejb-jar.xml to be in the directory ${maven.ejb.src}. But when I set this property in the project.properties, I cannot change that anymore. So I tried setting this in the maven.xml, just before the ejb:install goal is called.

>From what I've understood from the documentation, I need to set this property in the context of the plugin, which is different from the context, in which maven.xml is executed.

So i tried that:

      <j:set var="dummy" value="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-ejb-plugin').setVariable('maven.ejb.src', '${basedir}/src/deployment/ejb/jvt/')}" />
      <m:reactor basedir="${basedir}"
                 includes="ri/jvtproject.xml"
                 goals="ejb:install"
                 banner="Building"
                 ignoreFailures="false" />

which gives the error:
Unable to obtain goal [ejb:ejb] -- file:/C:/Documents and Settings/xxx/.maven/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin-1.1/:49:34: <ant:jar> C:\USERS\xxx\workspace\ossj\ip_billing\ri\src\ejb not found.

which is not surprising, since the ejb-jar is in C:\USERS\xxx\workspace\ossj\ip_billing\ri\src\deployment\ejb\jvt

Could you please let me know, how this is supposed to work? Thanks a lot.

 _         __      _  _
//\ndreas.[|-bbert(a)[|\|okia.com
           `-
   Andreas Ebbert
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks OSS
   phone: +49-177-9413928, fax: +49-211-94123988
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Thank you.
Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information
about the Company is available from its principal offices at
Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472, Düsseldorf, Germany and from the
website at http://www.nokia.com/