Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by MH <mh...@googlemail.com> on 2011/03/30 00:08:53 UTC

Apache Shiro with Google Guice - the easy approach?

Hi,
I've been trying to use Apache Shiro along with the Google Guice web
application. The solution that was proposed earlier seemed too complicated
for me - all in all, I didn't want to end up using (or even referencing)
Spring.

So what I did is simply adding new filter in the Guice Servlet
configuration. The example code can be found here:
https://gist.github.com/893433. The exact code is used in GWT application,
and it seems to be working fine (i.e. I'm not getting any SecurityManager
not found exceptions or anything).

Now, as I have no earlier experience using security frameworks, I would
really like to know your comments on the solution. Will it work properly on
the larger scale? I'm using the security manager as Singleton, so it is a
single object. Am I right?

Regards,
Mateusz