Posted to builds@apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2014/04/09 02:11:37 UTC

How do we cleanup the old snapshots deployed by Jenkins?

Hello all

Pardon me if I missed the answer to this question in some FAQ, but I was
wondering: how can we delete the old snapshots in the
http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/ repository after
a project updated the version number after a release? For example now
that our project development switched to 0.5-SNAPSHOT, I would like to
delete the 0.4-SNAPSHOT artefacts (or at least the 0.3-SNAPSHOT ones).

    Thanks,

        Martin

Re: How do we cleanup the old snapshots deployed by Jenkins?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 April 2014 01:28, Martin Desruisseaux
<ma...@geomatys.fr> wrote:
> Le 08/04/14 18:15, sebb a écrit :
>> Have you tried logging in to Nexus and deleting the builds?
>
> Thanks, I was not aware that the snapshot repository was also managed by
> Nexus. I selected "Repositories" > "Snapshots" > "Browse Storage" tab,
> selected the "org/apache/sis/sis-metadata/0.3-SNAPSHOT" node, selected a
> file and clicked on "Delete", but got "The server did not delete
> file/folder from the repository". A tried different files. I guess that
> I'm going the wrong way?

Probably you have not got sufficient karma to perform the deletes.
I see you are a SIS PMC member so you probably should have....
I suggest you raise a JIRA INFRA ticket with component Nexus and
explain the problem there.

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 April 2014 01:11, Martin Desruisseaux
<ma...@geomatys.fr> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Pardon me if I missed the answer to this question in some FAQ, but I was
> wondering: how can we delete the old snapshots in the
> http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/ repository after
> a project updated the version number after a release? For example now
> that our project development switched to 0.5-SNAPSHOT, I would like to
> delete the 0.4-SNAPSHOT artefacts (or at least the 0.3-SNAPSHOT ones).

Have you tried logging in to Nexus and deleting the builds?

Start at

https://repository.apache.org/index.html#welcome

Login link is at top RHS of page