Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by alessandro <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/22 18:26:57 UTC

Re: Shared VLAN allocation for guest network on advanced zone?

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Kirk Kosinski <ki...@...>wrote:
>
> > Shared networks are *only* available in advanced zones.  The UI is
> > slightly confusing, though.  You cannot create shared networks under the
> > Network tab, rather you need to create them in Infra > Zones (select the
> > zone) > Physical Network (select it) > Guest > Network > click Add guest
> > network.
> >
> > A shared network can be shared by multiple accounts, but the virtual
> > router for a shared network does not do any routing; you need to set up
> > your own router for the VLAN.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Kirk

Hi,

I found this thread and I think my issue was solved, but... I don't have any
"Add guest network"

I'm sure I'm using advanced zone... could you help me?

thanks a lot
alessandro

Re: Shared VLAN allocation for guest network on advanced zone?

Posted by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

          Its not a mistake in your configuration. It's a GUI fault, button
missing :p Please use the Api to create shared networks until 4.1.2 is
released. Please file a jira for the case if it isn't already created.
Thank you..

Thanks and Regards,
bala

Posted by Alessandro Ciancaglini <al...@gmail.com>.
ops! sorry!

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Alessandro,

Posted by Alessandro Ciancaglini <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kirk,

--
alessandro ciancaglini
 http://www.overweb.it

Re: Shared VLAN allocation for guest network on advanced zone?

Posted by Dean Kamali <de...@gmail.com>.
I'm using CS4.1 with advanced zone, and I don't see an option to add guest
network

[image: Inline image 1]

I remember seeing it when I was using 4.0.2

Any idea?

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.