Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Tatyana Tokareva <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/01 18:41:04 UTC

installation problem

Hello,
It's been the whole day that I can't install the Roller blog.
I've downloaded apache-roller-4.0 and followed the recommendations in
the Installation guide. I'm using WindowsXP, MySQL 5.0, jdk 1.6.0, Tomcat 6.0
(I've also tried on Tomcat 5.5.16). I've created the database and
changed the necessary config files as written in the install guide.
So, after deploying the application to the server I tried to open the
index.jsp page. But it showed the following error.

An error occurred at line: 21 in the jsp file: /roller/index.jsp
org.apache.roller.weblogger.config.WebloggerRuntimeConfig cannot be resolved to a type
18:
19: // lets see if we have a frontpage blog
20: String frontpageBlog =
21:         org.apache.roller.weblogger.config.WebloggerRuntimeConfig.getProperty("site.frontpage.weblog.handle");
22:
23: if (frontpageBlog != null && !"".equals(frontpageBlog.trim())) {
24:     // dispatch to frontpage blog

Stacktrace:
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:423)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
01.05.2008 15:29:44 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
01.05.2008 15:29:44 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: ContextListener: contextDestroyed()

What's the reason? I need your help...

Best regards,
 Tatyana                          mailto:tat.tokareva@gmail.com

Re: installation problem

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Tatyana Tokareva
<ta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  It's been the whole day that I can't install the Roller blog.
>  I've downloaded apache-roller-4.0 and followed the recommendations in
>  the Installation guide. I'm using WindowsXP, MySQL 5.0, jdk 1.6.0, Tomcat 6.0
>  (I've also tried on Tomcat 5.5.16). I've created the database and
>  changed the necessary config files as written in the install guide.
>  So, after deploying the application to the server I tried to open the
>  index.jsp page. But it showed the following error.
>
>  An error occurred at line: 21 in the jsp file: /roller/index.jsp
>  org.apache.roller.weblogger.config.WebloggerRuntimeConfig cannot be resolved to a type
>  18:
>  19: // lets see if we have a frontpage blog
>  20: String frontpageBlog =
>  21:         org.apache.roller.weblogger.config.WebloggerRuntimeConfig.getProperty("site.frontpage.weblog.handle");
>  22:
>  23: if (frontpageBlog != null && !"".equals(frontpageBlog.trim())) {
>  24:     // dispatch to frontpage blog
>
>  Stacktrace:
>         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92)
>         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)

It's odd that you're getting a class not found error. I wonder if
there is something else wrong, perhaps your database connection is not
configured properly? Check your logs for other errors.

Also, you might want to try setting "installation.type=auto" in your
roller-custom.properties file -- then restart Tomcat and browse to
http://localhost:8080/roller to see error messages. Auto-install mode
can sometimes give better error messages.

- Dave