Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2006/05/16 00:16:33 UTC

Re: [logging] Maven 2 POM(s) for commons-logging

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 14:21 -0700, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> I'm gonna tweak the poms in the repository outside of apache,

thanks

> please add the optional property in the optional dependencies for future
> versions.

done

do we need to roll this out for all commons projects?

> I'll take a look to the other jars to make poms.

note that the api and adapters jars are not really modules: they are
selections of the classes available in the main jar. they are used
within containers (for example, tomcat) with complex hierarchical
classloaders. whether api, adapter or full JCL should be used may depend
on the particular container the application is targeted at.

the api jar also doubles as a compilation time virtual dependency. so, a
component listing the api jar as a dependency could have this dependency
satisfied by the API jar, the full jar, ceki's bridging API, or
Torsten's null implementation.

- robert