Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pe...@materna.de on 2005/07/01 13:57:20 UTC

logic:forward and session

Hello all!

I still have a problem that struts creates a session although it should not
do so.
I have isolated the problem and there are only two possible locations left.
One of
them is this:
I have an index.jsp specified in my welcome.file-list in web.xml. This
index.jsp does
the following:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/taglibs-log.tld" prefix="log" %>
<%@ page session="false" %>

<log:info message="Session-ID: ${pageContext.session.id}" />
	<logic:forward name="login"/>

As expected ${pageContext.session.id} returns an empty string in my log
because
the page-directive tells session="false"
But right after the logic:forward a session is created! Is it possible that
the
logic:forward is bound to creation of a session? Is there a way to eliminate
this
behaviour? I found nothing on the WWW so I will try here.

Thanks

Peter