Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch> on 2004/05/13 16:40:53 UTC

Problem with fallback

I tried to modify the layout of the form editor for my publication. Since
you can use the fallback mechanism for this stylesheet, i just copied the
file form-layout.xsl to my publication
lenya<mypub>/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/form-layout.xsl

(compare uscase.xmap)
   <map:transform src="{fallback:xslt/authoring/edit/form-layout.xsl}

When i try to use the form editor now I get the following error message:

Unable to get transformer handler for
file:/home/wyona/cms/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unicom/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/form-layout.xsl

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for
file:/home/wyona/cms/build/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/unicom/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/form-layout.xsl:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating Transform Handler

As soon as i delete the file form-layout.xsl within my publication the
form editor works again

Any ideas whats wrong here?

Jann

Jann Forrer
Informatikdienste
Universität Zürich
Winterthurerstr. 190
CH-8057 Zuerich

oooO   mail:  jann.forrer@id.unizh.ch
(  )   phone: +41 1 63 56772
 \ (   fax:   +41 1 63 54505
  \_)  http://www.id.unizh.ch

Re: Problem with fallback

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:

> As soon as i delete the file form-layout.xsl within my publication the
> form editor works again

take a look at the includes in form-layout.xsl. they may not resolve.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Problem with fallback

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>

>>Jann Forrer wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>

>>>Ok thanks ...
>>>I copied copy-mixed-content.xsl into my publication
>>>lenya/<mypub>/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/) and all works again.
>>
>>I guess you should rather use <xsl:import> and template
>>overriding instead of copying files.
>>

> Thanks for the hint but what do you mean by  tempalte overriding?

If you import another stylesheet, you can override its
templates. The fallback module owes its flexibility to
this concept.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/11/01/xslt/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipimpinc.html

-- Andreas

Re: Problem with fallback

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.

Re: Problem with fallback

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

[...]

Re: Problem with fallback

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.

Re: Problem with fallback

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:
> I tried to modify the layout of the form editor for my publication. Since
> you can use the fallback mechanism for this stylesheet, i just copied the
> file form-layout.xsl to my publication
> lenya<mypub>/lenya/xslt/authoring/edit/form-layout.xsl
>
> (compare uscase.xmap)
>    <map:transform src="{fallback:xslt/authoring/edit/form-layout.xsl}
[...]

> As soon as i delete the file form-layout.xsl within my publication the
> form editor works again

The stylesheet includes anothe one:

<xsl:include href="copy-mixed-content.xsl"/>

This include cannot be resolved when the file is in
another location.

-- Andreas