Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ryan Agler <ry...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/20 20:37:57 UTC

class reloading from within XSP (cocoon 2.1.11)

In the course of development, I am often needing to have changes to custom
classes seen within an XSP.  Having to restart Tomcat or reload the cocoon
webapp is painfully slow.

Say for example I have a simple class "EchoHello.class" located in
WEB-INF/classes/test that has one method that returning the String "hello".

>From within an XSP page I invoke it via "EchoHello hello = new
test.EchoHello();String str = hello.echo();"

If I make changes to EchoHello.class and want those to be seen in my XSP, I
have to wait forever because they won't be seen unless I reload the entire
webapp.  This really adds up when testing class changes hundreds of times.

I have seen some references to using a custom classloader, but I have no
idea how to go about that from within an XSP page.  Can someone steer me in
the right direction?