Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by George Gastaldi <ge...@neogrid.com.br> on 2003/06/05 22:59:51 UTC

Timeout in HTTP

Hello !
	First of all I am new to this list. I have a doubt that seems easy
to answer. What is the default timeout setting value to HTTP Connections ? I
mean, after how many seconds is the HTTPTimeoutException thrown during a GET
operation ?

Thank you !

Re: Timeout in HTTP

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.
Michael Becke wrote:
> I am assuming you are talking about SO_TIMEOUT set via
> HttpClient.setTimeout().  This is the amount of time to wait when
> reading on an open socket.  This defaults to 0 which means that it will
> wait forever.

"forever" means "until the server is bored and closes the connection" :-)

Re: Timeout in HTTP

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
I am assuming you are talking about SO_TIMEOUT set via
HttpClient.setTimeout().  This is the amount of time to wait when
reading on an open socket.  This defaults to 0 which means that it will
wait forever.

Mike