Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 08:31:06 UTC

[general] Snapshots for Harmony v6.0 have been created - JAPI reports should be adjusted

Hi Stuart,

I've built and uploaded snapshots [1] for java6 branch to track its
development status.

Could you update your scripts to generate JAPI diffs against the
snapshot builds?
For example, javax.xml.crypto.* packages were added to the branch and
the report [2] should show that they are present in the Harmony.

[1] http://harmony.apache.org/downloads.html#Harmony6_Snapshot
[2] http://www.kaffe.org/%7Estuart/japi/htmlout/h-jdk6-harmony

Thanks,
Stepan Mishura

Re: [general] Snapshots for Harmony v6.0 have been created - JAPI reports should be adjusted

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 5/4/07, Stuart Ballard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to get a chance to look at this
> for a couple of weeks as I'm about to leave on vacation. There's a
> chance I might be able to have a look at it while I'm gone but I don't
> want to make any promises I might not be able to keep. If you don't
> hear back from me by May 15, please prod me so I don't forget.
>
> I'm not following Harmony terribly closely these days so I have one
> question - I've always asked if there are "official" or semi-official
> nightly build binaries available for download anywhere, and in the
> past whenever I've asked the answer has been that there are only
> manually-updated ones available. Are there automatic nightly build
> snapshots available anywhere yet?

Currently the snapshots for v.5.0 are updated semi-automatically:
there is a script that is kicked when all CruiseControl testing
scenarios passed. They were updated 1-3 times per week. The logic was
to make sure that snapshots at least are not broken because they were
the only binaries we provided. But as far as we released our first
stable build it may be makes sense to schedule the script and run it
on nightly basis.

For v.6.0 this is a bit different story: we are going to build them
during some period of time on demand since there is no active code
development and regular testing for the branch. So the snapshots I
mentioned in the initial post are first snapshots for the branch.

Hope I answered your question.

Thanks,
Stepan.

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
I think it's make sense to download latest available snapshots and
generate statistics for them (no matter how old are they)

One more thing that would make sense: since we now have separate snapshots
for 5.0 and 6.0, it would be better not to ignore differences "due to
incompatibility
between jdk15 and jdk6 "

Thanks,
Mikhail