Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dimitry Peisakhov <Di...@hwe.com.au> on 2004/11/17 08:12:04 UTC

spamd logging with wrong timestamp?

Hi guys,

   I've recently discovered that my spamd is writing to the logs with the
incorrect timestamp. It looks like its using GMT to timestamp instead of the
actual time on the box (11hr difference). I fixed this previously by
restarting the service, but its not doing the trick now.. Anyone have ideas
about this? There doesnt seem to be any switches for spamd to control
timestamps or timezone config.

thanks,
Regards,

Dimitry Peisakhov
Systems Administrator

HENRY WALKER ELTIN
dimitry.peisakhov@hwe.com.au

RE: spamd logging with wrong timestamp?

Posted by Mike Kercher <mi...@CamaroSS.net>.
Dimitry Peisakhov wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>    I've recently discovered that my spamd is writing to the logs with
> the incorrect timestamp. It looks like its using GMT to timestamp
> instead of the actual time on the box (11hr difference). I fixed this
> previously by restarting the service, but its not doing the trick
> now.. Anyone have ideas about this? There doesnt seem to be any
> switches for spamd to control timestamps or timezone config.
>
> thanks,
> Regards,
>
> Dimitry Peisakhov
> Systems Administrator
>
> HENRY WALKER ELTIN
> dimitry.peisakhov@hwe.com.au

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago with a machine that had an
older OS on it.  sendmail was logging the correct timestamp but MailScanner
was logging about 2 hours behind.  The way I resolved it was to add the '-r'
switch to my syslog initscript.

Mike