Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by crystal <xu...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 04:41:27 UTC

I got a problem when delete node

Hi,
I started to learn zookeeper recently. Now I got a problem when using java
client to delete zk node.
Use zookeeper java client to delete a node which already exist. like
zk.delete(path,-1). I have set timeout 1 min. But the zookeeper server seems
to be hung up. the zk server state change to connecting, and I cannot
reconnect it anymore. 1 min later , I got a exception "
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client". But no
problem when I create a new node.

Regards,
Crystal

RE: I got a problem when delete node

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Crystal,

Could you tell the reason why the ZooKeeper server hangs ? Also, how long it took to reform the ZooKeeper quorum ?

Do you mean ZK session timeout ?

Since it lost quorum, I hope in your case the client might have received the KeeperException.ConnectionLossException when performing the delete operation.
Probably when performing the create znode operation it was able to send the request to a stable ZK quorum.

FYI: ZK client behavior is, it won't retry the operation on failure. Application can observe the "ZKConnection Watches" and write their own logic to retry it.

-Rakesh