Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Ken Ken <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/06 11:45:56 UTC

build/nutch.xml

Hello,

I just need some clarification in some lines in the build/nutch.xml file.

Nutch: /opt/nutch-1.0
Tomcat: /opt/tomcat/webapps/
nutch.war: /opt/tomcat/webapps/ROOT.war  (/ROOT is the web folder)

I plan to use /opt/nutch-1.0/crawl directory as my crawl directory, so I should leave the value for searcher.dir asvalue="crawl", right?
With the above paths, do I put path as path="/opt/tomcat/webapps/" and  docBase asdocBase="ROOT.war"?

<Context crossContext="true" reloadable="true" debug="5" docBase="ROOT.war" path="/opt/tomcat/webapps/">
<Parameter override="false" name="searcher.dir" value="crawl"/>

Thanks,. =)

Re: build/nutch.xml

Posted by Godmar Back <go...@gmail.com>.
Can I ask a naive question?  build/nutch.xml looks like a servlet context
file (something that would belong in webapps/nutch/META-INF/context.xml ?),
but after building and deploying nutch I don't see this file anywhere in
webapps/nutch).

Also, what's the relationship between the 'searcher.dir' settings in
conf/nutch-default.xml and build/nutch.xml?

 - Godmar

Re: build/nutch.xml

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.

--