Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Greenberg, Gary" <gg...@visa.com.INVALID> on 2020/06/02 22:37:57 UTC

Checking for external changes - suspended

I am getting this task initiated every few minutes and it almost immediately goes into suspended state.
If I am not cancelling it, it will sit for hours and Netbeans become quite sluggish.
Can someone tell me what external changes it is looking for and why it becomes suspended.
Can I turn this feature off? How?

My environment NB 11.3, JDK 13, Win10Pro
Thanks,
Gary Greenberg
Staff Software Engineer
Data Product Development, BI-A
E: ggreenbe@visa.com
M: 650-269-7902

[EmailSig-TaglineVersion]

Re: Checking for external changes - suspended

Posted by David Gradwell <da...@gradwell.com>.
Gary,

I had this problem with NB 11.3 and early 12.0 betas running on Mac OS X with NetBeans running on either jdk1.8 or Java 14.  However, I have not had it with NetBeans 12.0 beta 6.  Download details attached.

Regards

David