Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org> on 2016/03/29 17:09:12 UTC

Apache Fortress 1.0-RC42 released

Apache Fortress 1.0-RC42 released: http://directory.apache.org/fortress/downloads.html

The Apache Directory Project announces the second release of Fortress which includes the Core, Realm, Rest and Web packages.

- Apache Fortress™ is a standards based Access Management System for LDAPv3 compliant systems. Fortress implements Role-Based Access Control (ANSI INCITS 359), Administrative Role-Based Access Control (ARBAC02) and IETF's password policy draft.

- Dozens of features and bug fixes have been added since the last release.

- This is the first time we've released other packages of Realm, Rest and Web components.

- A 1.0 GA release will follow in coming weeks.

- To get started using Fortress:

* With ApacheDS: https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-APACHEDS.md

* With OpenLDAP: https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-SLAPD.md

Re: Apache Fortress 1.0-RC42 released