Posted to user@ant.apache.org by sideshowfry <si...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/06 20:53:47 UTC

reconciling Ant & S1S standard file structures.

Common organization of files, especially with Ant users, is to put the source and compiled files in different directories.

The standard Sun ONE Studio file organization (in my experience, anyway) is to set up a web app directory structure where .java and .class files are in the same location.

I want to use S1S to build & debug. I want to use Ant to tag & checkout from cvs, build, and package for deployment. I know that I could use the S1S file organization for S1S, CVS, and my Ant project directory, but, I think separating the source and build directories is a better way of organizing.  What's the best way for me to handle this?  Can I make S1S work for debugging (and code completion) with a Ant-style file organization?